Once you update your Android handset to a new version of firmware, the existing bugs in the current firmware build generally gets fixed, your handset gets repaired and usually it’s loaded with a number of additional features. These newly added features make your mobile experience superb as you go through a thorough search of the enhancements in your device post update. When it comes to the Samsung mobile devices, every alternate day we find some new handset getting updated to new firmwares. The update that I shall discuss here today is the official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop A300MUBU1BPB1 Firmware which has lately been rolled for the Samsung Galaxy A3 users in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay.
If you are a user of the Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300M Smartphone and reside in any of the said regions, then make sure that the update is specially for you. Before starting the update, forget not to go through the below given step-by-step guide to make your update a sure success and not to brick your device. Because this is an official update, so it will not void the warranty of your device. So nothing to worry in proceeding to the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300M should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300M drivers since those will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu>Settings>Developer options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay) the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop A300MUBU1BPB1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300M and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300M into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300M to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted A300MUBU1BPB1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300M restarts.