We thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to for your online web needs. We’ll add to it as we learn more, but you’ll notice that in the future We will reference this page quite often.
Our Most Recommended
If you look at nothing else on this page, these are the five that you should know about. We find ourselves recommending these resources again and again, in emails. We use them because they make our lives easier, and we are confident you’ll agree too.
Anti-Virus Guard (AVG) is an antivirus solution. We all love to work in a secure environment as such AVG provides that security when working online. It is a well respected software to ensure our work environment are secure from internet threats such as malware and spyware.This works well with Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD computing platforms, developed by AVG Technologies. Click this link to get a special discount off the regular price.
Blogging and Design
We get a lot of questions about where to find a good designer. At 99designs, dozens of talented designers compete to deliver the best design for your creative needs—from logos to business cards to full website concepts. If you click this link, you can easily get more information about 99designs and their service.
The #1 Blog Publishing Platform. is wordpress Free and easily customizable with wonderful support. All of our blogs and websites use WordPress. You can have your installation of wordpress in your hosting account at hostgator.
Woo Themes: The ultimate resource for premium looking WordPress themes.
Our Major principle is that you get educated before you begin spending money on items you think you may need now. Do not be mislead by the offers you see online on different websites then later down the road you do not use the items you have purchased.
As such our online recommendation for business education online using wordpress is as follows
Product Distribution & Shopping Carts
- E-Junkie: The shopping cart most people use to sell their eBook. It’s compatible with Paypal Standard, Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, Authorize.net, TrialPay, Clickbank & 2CheckOut. Works like a charm and very low price to use.
- Woo commerce :developed by woothemes is FREE wordpress plugin will allow you to sell almost anything online. There is widespread documentation to support implementation as well as use of this plugin.
- Clickbank: Another digital products retailer. Probably the most popular. Decently priced, but comes with an amazing affiliate program for your products. If you have a digital product for sale then clickbank is the place for you. Click this link to sign up now.
- Paypal.com: Paypal is ok for selling and buying products through them. you’ll need an account to configure with and accept payments from the above shopping carts.
- Market Samurai: The number one tool for keyword research available, hands down. You can view my tutorial videos about Market Samurai here. We use it and its great, it allows you the flexibility to find and target niche markets.
Images & Photos
- iStockPhoto: This is where we purchase royalty-free images that I use on my sites.
- Flickr Creative Commons: This is where you can get FREE images for your website, but there are some rules that go along with it. Read the post in the first image & photo resource above to make sure you know how it all works.
Email Subscriptions & Marketing
- Aweber: The internet’s most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing/broadcasting tool. This is what I use to build my email list and newsletter. For a free step-by-step tutorial, check out The Beginner’s Guide to Starting a Newsletter.
- OptinSkin: A tool created by Glen Allsop from Viperchill.com to help us more easily embed email opt-in forms onto our website. I use it specifically at the bottom of my posts. Click here to read my review post, which comes with an add-on bonus!
- Google Adsense: Make money by placing relevant ads on your website that are generated from advertisers using Google Adwords. This is free to use, but you have to register for an account.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
- Bing Ads: Bing Ads are great they may not have the same visitors as google but they offer great live and tutorial support when using their service.
Tracking Site Usage
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Google Webmaster Tools: This is a free service offered by Google for webmasters. It has tools which allows webmasters to submit and check a site map as well as check indexing status. This information can be used to optimize the visibility of the webmasters websites.
- Clicky: This service is just like Google Analytics, except it’s easier to use, and you can view how many people are on your site (and what they are doing) in real time! Your first site is free.
- Limit Login Attempts (WordPress Plugin): Install this plugin to limit the number of times someone can attempt to login to your WordPress admin panel before getting blocked. This helps to stop those who keep trying to break in by logging into your website with different passwords (and there are tools to help speedup this process). Note: This free wordpress plugin has not been updated for 2 years but it is still effective.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, We will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that We have experience with all of these companies, and we recommend them because they are useful and helpful, not because of the small commissions we make if you decide to buy something.Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.