Looking something cool ? You must be like this Rainbow Stream, this application is a Twitter Client where you can stream tweets, compose tweets, search tweets, and much more directly from your console !. This application built on the top of Python Twitter Client with Twitter API, also this app can run on Python 2.7.x and 3.x. The website simply say Rainbow Stream is
“A TWITTER CLIENT ON TERMINAL.
SMART, NICELY DISPLAYED, COLORFUL STREAM
FANCY COMMANDS IN INTERACTIVE MODE”
Main Features of Rainbow Stream
- Interactive CLI: Tab-autocomplete, history, calendar, calculator, and more..
- Fully Customizable: You can config your own Rainbow Stream themes !.
- Images on Console: You can tweet images directly from your console.
- If you want to know more features let’s we just install it
Install RainbowStream on Ubuntu
First you need to check which version of Python that is installed on your system by using following commands:
$ python --version
The output will be like this:
If you don’t get output like the above, then you must install Python with this command:
$ sudo apt-get-install python2.7
Or for version 3.
$ sudo apt-get install python3
Now let’s install Python pip before installing Rainbow Stream
$ sudo apt-get install python-pip
Then install Rainbow Stream using the command below:
$ sudo pip install rainbowstream
or for Python version 3.x:
$ sudo pip3 install rainbowstream
Installation complete, let’s try RainbowStream
Using Rainbow Stream
Type the following command to open Rainbow Stream:
It will open a new tab on your Browsers, Rainbow Stream want to ask you a permission to use it with Rainbow Stream. Enter your credentials and you will get a pin. Copy the pin to your terminal and hit enter to load your twitter stream.
After enter your pin codes, Rainbow Stream will bring you to the twitter stream, like the screenshot below.
To know all commands, you can press tab twice, just like when we want to use auto complete and here is some explanation about those commands :
- c: clear the screen.
- trend: Check trending topic
- t: compose new tweet.
- mentions: check your mentions.
- whois: If you want to know about the username information. Command usage below.
- q: quit rainbowstream.For more commands you can use help command by type
- on Rainbow Stream.
That’s all for the cool twitter client Rainbow Stream, If you have suggestion, question, or something, you can leave it on the comment box below.