Great news Sprint Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910P users! Your Galaxy Note now can be flashed to the unofficial Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix v5.6.4 Custom ROM. Kudos to XDA Dev team member jdelano who has brought this excellent opportunity for you. There is nothing much to get worried to install the Custom ROM to your device. You have to just follow the steps mentioned below and you will be all done in moments.
The new Custom ROM is about to add lots of improvised stuff to the changelog of yourSprint Galaxy Note to enhance your user experience. The improvised features include improvised Navigation bar, superior Statusbar, Theme chooser & amp and a number of other features. You can experience the whole lot once the flashing is finished. Since the Custom ROM is still in developing stage, so it might create certain bugs in your Galaxy Note. Make sure, we won’t remain responsible for that. The flashing is all your responsibility. Now let’s take a look on the prior requirements essential for this update.
First of all create a Nandroid backup for your Sprint Galaxy Note 4 and then enable the USB Debugging option in your Galaxy Note. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your Galaxy Note. Also install the Sprint Galaxy Note 4 drivers on your PC to easily connect it easily to your Android device. Maintain at least 75% power back up in your Galaxy Note to avoid inconvenience during the update. Your Galaxy Note needs to be rooted and flashed with the latest Custom Recovery before the update since the ROM will seek access to built-in features and programs and being the file in .zip format will require Custom Recovery Image. You can do this after unlocking your Galaxy Note.
Steps to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow to Sprint Galaxy Note 4
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (Unofficial) & Gapps for your Sprint Galaxy Note 4.
- Then connect your Galaxy Note to your PC via USB & move the files to the SD card of your device. After unplug the USB, switch off your Galaxy Note and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the Custom ROM file from your SD card which you had moved to your SD Card in step II.
- Now click update and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. It will take sometime to flash the Custom ROM in your Sprint Galaxy Note 4.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your galaxy Note.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu in Recovery mode and select “reboot system now”.