Sublime Text is the most popular Text Editor among the developers especially for web developers , it’s available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. The latest version of Sublime Text is Sublime Text 3, but it’s still in beta.
There are many features in Sublime Text:
- Support Multiple Selections, with this feature you can make ten changes on your code at the same time.
- Goto Anything, this feature allow to open files only with a few keystrokes.
- Distraction Free Mode, If you need to focus you can use free distraction mode.
- Command Palette, This feature holds infrequently used functionality, like sorting or change indentation.
- Instant Project Switch, you can switch between projects in an instant without any distraction.
- Customize Anything, you can use Snippets, Macros, Completions, etc.
- Plugin API, it has support to Python based plugin API.
- Cross Platform, available for Linux, Windows, OS X.
- and more..
Install Sublime Text 3 in Ubuntu via PPA
First lets thanks to WebUpd8 for add Sublime Text 3 PPA, so we can easily install it. Before we proceeding, make sure the application is not running, because there might be some visual glitches.
So to install Sublime Text 3 use the instructions below (If you’ve used WebUpd8 Sublime Text 2 PPA, It will be replaced automatically with the new Sublime Text 3).
First open your lovely terminal, and run these following commands:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/sublime-text-3 $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install sublime-text-installer
Just follow instructions on the screen, then check your new Sublime Text from the Unity Dash.
That’s all for my post today about How to Install Sublime Text Editor via PPA, hope you like it and if you have question just leave it on the comment box below, thank you !