The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920I users if interested to enjoy more improvised & powerful Android experience, then we have an option for them. One new unofficial yet powerful Custom ROM is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. The Custom ROM is named as Marshmallow AryaMod V1.4 Theme ROM and is comparatively stable in nature. So it can be used for day-to-day usage. You will find a number of superior features including Updated Note 5 style icon theme, LED indicator in settings, Fixed white gradient in lockscreen in this new Custom ROM. You can experience these features only after installing the new ROM on your device.
Because it’s not an official update, so it will void the warranty of your Galaxy Note and you can’t retrieve it back. Similarly you have to install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920I before starting the update. Undoubtedly, the new firmware will bring considerable changes in your device and will make it more noteworthy to use. But at the same time you might face certain issues or bugs in your device because of the update for which we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible.
Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920I. If you use this installation file in any other device, then your device might get bricked. Enable the USB Debugging option in your Galaxy Note before the update and disable it post update. Maintain at least 75% power back up on your Android device to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Most importantly create a full back of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920I so that you will not permanently lose the pictures, videos, songs and all other important data on your device. It’s mandatory since during installation, all data in your device will be erased.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android Marshmallow AryaMod V1.4 Theme ROM and Gapps file for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Then connect your Galaxy Note to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now click Install and wait still the files get flashed in your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 one after another.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to the brand new Android Marshmallow AryaMod V1.4 unofficial Custom ROM. Updating your Galaxy Note following the procedure given above is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.